Sunday, March 13, 2005

Tragedy strikes!

While knitting away at a Little Turtle Knits ribbed soaker last night, the cord on my so-dependable-for-three-months Denise circular broke. The connector completely snapped off, leaving me scurrying to save the dropped stitches and, finally, circular-less. My mind filled immediately with visions of horror: a newborn, with only (gasp!) four mother-knitted wool soakers to keep her comfy and dry. Denise needles are covered by a warranty, but I could not imagine sending the broken cord off and waiting, waiting, waiting for a replacement. After firing off a distraught email to the Denise folks, I had a night of awfully interrrupted sleep.

Things don't seem quite as bad today. I've been working on the Plymouth Encore baby blanket that I should have finished last month. I also finished cutting out the pieces for the fitted diapers which will go under the soakers, and have started sewing them together. Hopefully by the time that my (as yet unplaced) order for aplix arrives, they'll be pretty much finished and ready for fasteners.

Surprisingly, Tristan actually got a nap in today without much fuss. He's still obsessed with skiing and got quite upset a bit ago when his idea to ski with plastic forks didn't work out so well. This child has quite a bit of perseverence: though socks, boots, printer paper, and junk mail have all given him unsatisfactory skiing experiences, after a quick tantrum, he picks himself up and looks for a new 'ski' to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home