Monday, September 12, 2005

monday

When I was a kid, I had a comfort object---Molly Bear, who I slept with forever. I think that Molly is sadly in storage....anyway, I love the idea of the kiddos having a bear. Tristan has absolutely no interest in one, but he suggested that Baby might like one. I think she may get one (just one, mind you; otherwise the special-ness isn't quite there) for the new year or for her birthday. She's already inherited an Under the Nile teething doll that Tristan rejected as a baby, and she seems to like it---she'll hold it and stare at it google-eyed for a minute, then shove its head in her mouth.

It's so cute to see how she stares at Tristan in wonder. I think she already adores him. Sometimes I'll catch her just grinning at him.

The train thing might be slowly waning. He's begun being interested in the Wiggles; we inherited an old tape from my sister. They're pretty cool, so I'm all about that. Trains are still his main thing, though; see the "number choo choo" he made on the fridge?

Oh, and mothers to other train obsessed kiddos---Tuesday Morning has various Brio wooden railway things for 30-60% off retail (including a few faboo pirate-themed items). I don't often buy the deals I post, but I can kinda live vicariously by passing them on :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! For the first time I think ever I really see myself in him. I thought that was a picture of me for a sec!

9/12/2005 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nels is a bit older than Tristan, but he went through an anti-train phase, if you will, that lasted four or five months. Then, out of nowhere, his train obession returned full-force. So, Tristan may be just taking a little break from trains.

9/12/2005 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home