Thursday, March 17, 2005

sacrilege

I am working on my first non-100% wool soaker. Acrylic! Oh, the humanity of it.

I was convinced to give this a try by a skein of $1 Wool Ease at my local Michael's. I know that a lot of moms have great success with acrylic and wool/acrylic blends, and you can't beat a $1 soaker. Wool Ease is a machine washable acrylic/wool blend; I'm using leftover Artful Yarns Supermerino for the waist and cuffs. I really like the way that the colors are coming out, though this photo doesn't do it justice. I'll surely post a better photo after it's done.



In other news, Tristan said "sorry" completely unprompted for the first time. He'd knocked a skein of yarn off a table while throwing his ball around. Almost made up for him telling me to "shut up" last week (a sad mommy moment...we don't even say that in our home!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home