Saturday, June 25, 2005

aaaargh.

I strongly believe in breastfeeding beyond the first year, but this toddler is about on my last nerve.

He nearly weaned while I was pregnant, but began nursing again once my colostrum came in (which, of course, is how my labor started). He really wanted it after my milk came in with Ellie, but I've limited him to twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. It's the morning one that's killing me. I'm not exactly at my best in the morning anyhow...and it seems that he enrolled in an intense 'How to Pester 101' workshop while I was in the hospital birthing. "Tih-tan nurt. Tih-tan nurt! TIH-TAN NURT!" I try to put him off so I can sleep longer, then after we do finally nurse, he starts crying for more. I know it's more about the attention and mommy time than the milk, but, ohmigosh, I can't deal. He can't seem to understand to only ask once, so I've told him that we're only going to nurse at night from now on, since he doesn't pester or whine then. Hope he understands tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the asking over and over is just something they start doing at that age to really annoy us. Joe does it all the time about EVERYTHING! I think I say, "I heard you the first 3 times you asked!" more often in a day than anything else. Hang in there mama!

6/25/2005 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not quite certain where to put this. while i love kay nielson, am a bit concerned that this is your choice to illustrate yourself.

Wanna have some ice cream on Thursday?

:)

kt

6/27/2005 5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home