Thursday, June 23, 2005

lazy week

Not a lot has been going on here this week.

I called to get immunization exemption forms for the kiddos. It looks like Arkansas only allows medical and religious exemptions. The nice folks at the health department are mailing the forms to us, so I didn't have to break out the hijab and trek down the street with kids in tow.

I was talking to Tristan today and remarked upon how much he was growing. I asked him if he wanted to be big and tall like Papa when he grew up. He said, "no grow up!" and started crying. Awwwww.

He has developed a bit of a stutter on hard consonants, like 't' and 'k'. T Barry Brazelton says that's normal and not to push it at all...that he'll get over it naturally, but if we press the issue, the habit might become entrenched. 'Kay.

Oh, and my nice great aunt called yesterday asking if Tristan might want to come to Vacation Bible School at their Baptist church. Wow, I was shocked. I thanked her for asking and said I thought it too late in the day for him (it's in the evening). Am I that private a person or have I just never had a real conversation with them? Probably the latter. It's sad that you can know people your whole life but not really know them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home