Saturday, March 19, 2005

sahm...wohm?

I guess that being labeled as a full-time stay at home mom was rather transitory because I GOT A JOB! I am so thrilled. I applied for a job as a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor back in January. It is at a university med center, as part of a federally-funded study to see how to encourage breastfeeding among teenaged mothers. I interviewed in February and really thought it went well, but wrote the whole thing off by the beginning of March, since it had been so long and I hadn't heard back. I got a call yesterday offering me the job! It is very part-time (4-8 hrs/wk), but a lot of it can be done from home via phone calls to participants, and, besides, that work load is about all that I need with a new baby on the way. We are going to try to get all of my training in before the birth. I think that this could be an amazing opportunity for me---it is the perfect introductory job into the lactation consulting field. I will also be working closely with School of Nursing staff; I have periodically thought about going to nursing school, so this will likely convince me one way or the other.

So, that's the big news! In an update from earlier this week, the Denise folks sent me a replacement cord! Wahoo! Unfortunately, it is the wrong size :(. I am going to give them a call on Monday and just order a couple of new cords.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home