Sunday, June 12, 2005

beware little hands

We'd been having trouble with my computer's CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive for quite a while. When a disk was put in the drive, an even, circular scratch would be etched into it. It scratched two of my favorite kids' DVDs before I realized it was the drive causing the issue, not a pre-existing scratch.

Anywho, I told my Dad and he loaned me a lens cleaning kit. I ran the kit last night and was all happy, until I realized that the drive had actually scratched the kit disk, too. Argh. I finally got smart. I got a flashlight and looked in there and, sure enough, way back, there was something that looked like it doesn't belong. I put some tape on the end of a skinny knitting needle and hooked the intruder. It was a small sample packet of lotion.

Tristan must have pried open the disk drive cover and stuffed it in.

I'm so glad to have figured this out, but it makes me worry about not having any way to get info backed up off my computer. The first thing I did after getting the packet out was to burn copies of all the photos I've taken over the past three years. At least they're safe now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home