Saturday, March 04, 2006

saturday

We're back home. Whew!

We had a great time in KC. I got a chance to see various mom friends---hey, Julie and Sarah!---and we saw plenty of family as well. I got to go eat out with the KCAP mamas one night, which was really nice; I don't get to do that kind of thing often! We also hit a couple of our top favorite restaurants: Cinzetti's Italian buffet and the amazing but unknown Malay Cafe. I hope it won't be too long before we can make it back up there.

I did have an awfully bad time with my shoulder there for a few days. I've had joint pain on and off for five years or so and my shoulder has been fairly bad for the past month. Around Tuesday, though, it got *really* bad---so bad that I could not raise my arm at all, could barely hold something as lightweight as a cup, and certainly couldn't get myself dressed alone. It felt like it was coming in and out of the socket when I moved. We got a sling and after a few days of resting it while Jon did almost all baby and child care, it began feeling better. It's almost back to pre-crisis levels of general achiness, but I am doing my best to take it easy...don't want that to flare back up before the rheumatologist can help me. No more babywearing for this mama :(

And...drumroll...big news: Jon got the job! He'll be the college's Systems Librarian, which means that he'll be in charge of all of the library's technical services. It's a lot more in line with what he wants to make a career out of. It pays better and the benefits---especially the health insurance (!!!)---are great. I'll even be able to take fun blow-off classes like ceramics or photography for the measly sum of $5 a credit hour. I'm really excited for him and for us :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

It was great to see you! I hope you can make it back up to KC again soon.

Cinzetti's is one of my favorite places, too. It's SO delicious!

3/05/2006 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home