Thursday, February 16, 2006

oh, rats

Quick recap of the week:

Spent a nice quiet Valentine's with Jon; we got PF Chang's take-out and went home to watch TIVO'd Desperate Housewives (romantic, huh?). My grandma watched the kiddos and it turned out that Ellie cried almost the whole time :(

My sister came over for supper last night. Tristan had a ball and it was really nice having her over.

Got together with some other Muslim mamas and kiddos for brunch today. Tristan loved playing with the other kids, especially two 2 year old boys (one of whom was his "best friend" from previous posts). It was my first experience being in a (Muslim) women's-only social situation and was a really interesting, eye-opening experience. I loved it! I think we're going to try to make it a semi-regular playdate.

And a mishap with the ratties: discovered this morning that Ben is a boy. Eeek! I seperated them immediately, but can't keep two seperate rat colonies at the moment. After a lot of emails to various lists and folks to try to find a home for Bill (as she was less attached to me, and I to her), I decided to take her back to the pet store. It was a really hard decision. I was assured by the manager, though, that she would only be sold as a pet---and they have purchasers fill out a legal form to that effect. She was so sweet.

I'm going to try to adopt a friend for Ben from the rattery in KC when we go up.

Oh! And big news---Ellie, at 9 months, is drinking from a straw! And she loves it :)


And, finally, since it's apparently what all the cool kids are doing, I'd love it if you'd take the time to check out my Johari window. I dunno what y'all will say, because I kind of had to guess myself, lol. And, nope, no Nohari---I am so not that masochistic.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

valentine's day was really special. thank you!

2/20/2006 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home