Monday, May 15, 2006

monday

Happy (belated) Mother's Day, folks. Hope you all found time to thank a mom or two :)

The highlight of my day was a date with my 3 year old involving a playground and chocolate shakes. He's getting rather clever. A few weeks ago, I figured out that he has a sensitivity to red dye; he totally flips out on the tantrums when he has it. Of course, he heard me talking to Jon about this. Last night, when I was trying to wrangle him into bed, he said, "I can't be nice, because of that mean sandwich!" Yeah, kiddo, chicken salad sandwiches are vicious.

Already finding ways of avoiding personal responsibility. Ah, at least he'll have a future in politics.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bunky said...

Here's the thing about kids that makes them so lovable: they're dumber than we are.

When I started working with little people (not of the politically correct statued kind), I was amazed by their sheer ignorance. Then it dawned on me. They don't know that there is something as fundamental as the four seasons because they haven't been here long enough. (Kinda like Mexicans.) (Wait. Most of these little people were Mexicans! Oh, that explains it.)Anyway, the little ones are fun 'cause they don't know anything, and unlike their parents, they don't pretend otherwise.

Let me step into this phone booth and change identities. (Where'd I come from last post?)

5/27/2006 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home