Sunday, May 28, 2006

synopsis

Quite an eventful week here at Chez Mamaspeak.

Eleanor started standing. She generally does this when she feels she is not getting enough attention, since it inevitably brings praise and applause.

We found an amazing preschool for Tristan. Montessori. I actually went there for summer school when I was a child; most of the teachers have been there forever and one actually remembered me. I really like the philosophy and think he'd really thrive.

Got two cell phones, to replace our land line. Not sure if this qualifies me as cool, or if I'm just a sell-out now.

A previously-mainstream preggo friend has decided, at 37 weeks, that she wants a non-interventive birth. Woo-hoo! We're meeting later today to create a birth plan.

We are being invaded by ants and fleas. Welcome to summer in the South.

Speaking of summer, it's already incredibly hot. Our window air conditioners are not doing too good a job and Jon actually suggested looking into getting central air. May not happen, but I feel cooler already.

I've mostly given up Coca~Cola, which I was drinking way too much of. Got it out of the house, which was (mentally) harder than it sounds. I can already tell a difference in my perpetually-postpartum shape. Woot.

And tomorrow is our fifth anniversary. Seriously doesn't seem like it's been that long.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Happy anniversary!!!

5/28/2006 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home