Thursday, May 19, 2005

a few of my favorite things

OK, I just feel like writing a rave entry. I'm chilling out with Ellie in a sling, waiting for my mom to come help entertain the kids...so now's the perfect time to mention a few of the material things I am SO grateful for.

The Amazing Miracle Blanket
This is a truly amazing and *easy* swaddling blanket. We didn't give swaddling a serious try with Tristan, but I really think it's to credit for Ellie's wonderful sleeping (4-6 hour stretches, and she only wakes once or twice a night!). We got by with a regular receiving blanket for the first week, but she's been so wiggly since then that she gets her arms out pretty quickly. The Miracle Blanket is breakout-proof. I just wish we could afford a second one! BTW, if you are unconvinced on the merits of swaddling, check out 'The Happiest Baby on the Block'.

Lily Padz
I have a surplus of milk. I had an oversupply with Tristan too, and the only pads that could stem the flow were disposible ones...which, of course, leave nasty chem residue on your baby feeders. I just got these a few days ago and they are AMAZING. They truly work wonderfully...I am not sopping wet all the time! Mine actually had a bit of a defect---some of the plastic tore off, making one of the pads work a bit worse (though it's still loads better than the wool I was using---and the company is sending me a replacement pair. Oh, and remember to support a WAHM if you get these; the one linked above is a sweetie and has a great price on them :)

Purple Stork
The PS is a WAHM-operated company that makes custom photo birth announcements. She's an Amity mama and I'd been saving up for months to get some announcements made. I'm so pleased that I did! I took a ton of photos, picked out my favorite four, ordered through her site, then sent the photos. I had links to two proofs by the next morning. It took me longer to get them sent out than I expected (and I still need a few addresses...ahem, Jaime), but I really love them. The prices are very reasonable, especially since they include envelopes and postage to you, as well as the design.

And now the item that I am so glad to have, but feel so conflicted about...the pacifier. I never tried to get Tristan to take one...after all, when he wanted to suck, he'd gladly take a boob. Ellie roots and clearly wants to suck often, but she won't latch on unless she's really hungry. Enter the pacifier. Ohmigosh, she loves it. It truly saves my sanity on car rides. I do feel kind of bad, but I guess it's plenty AP since I am following her cues. She still loves her milkies and we haven't even had a hint of nipple confusion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emailing you my address now Melanie!!!!!!!

Of course, I need yours un return :)

5/20/2005 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home