Friday, August 05, 2005

gettin' older...

just like Jaime said, lol. I have an astigmatism. Not horrible, but bad enough to make things a bit blurry. Went and filled my prescription at a discount place---got two pairs for one price and had them tint one, so I'll have a pair to drive in (reading signs is particularly hard). Poor Jon had to wait around with two unhappy kids while I tried on just about every pair they had, many twice. The opthamologist said that it's a fairly minor prescription and I don't have to wear them all the time, but I think that would confuse things for Tristan, since he most certainly does have to wear his all the time.

So, I'll be in glasses starting tomorrow, and probably for the rest of my life. When I was a kid, I wanted to have glasses, probably mostly because my dad did. The frames don't look nearly as nice on my face as I'd figured they would.

My uncle and cousin are in town this weekend---they brought Tristan a wonderful twin bed frame, a hand-me-down. He loves it! It's solid wood and really nice; we'll be able to raise the height as he grows. Jon never likes it when we get more stuff to move, but I'm happy to have it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be ancient then! I just had an eye exam and my eyes were bad! I might as well be blind in my left. Welcome to the otherside!!!!! Glasses can be fun!!

8/06/2005 5:36 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I got glasses way back in third grade and have been wearing contacts since I was 11 or so. I am legally blind and even though you're nowhere near that bad, I send my sympathies. Not being able to see sucks!

8/06/2005 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home