Tuesday, August 16, 2005

long-winded fill in the blank...

Found this on another Mothering mom's blog...

Childhood Trauma Survey

1. What was the first car your family had that you can remember? brown-sided station wagon

2. What was the name of your first pet and why? Oreo, a cockatiel---my dad and I read that birds can say vowels better than consonents and I hoped to teach the bird its name (never did, only taught it to wolf whistle)

3. How did your first pet die? if I remember, we placed an ad in the paper and found him a new home...so I'll never know.

4. What was the name of your elementary school? Forest Park

5. Who was your first best friend? Elizabeth in preschool

6. Are you still friends today, and if not, what happened? No, we lost touch years ago

7. What was your favorite board game? not really into board games

8. Did you play house or other make believe games? yes

9. Were you a Dungeons and Dragons geek? no

10. Did you sleep with stuffed animals as a kid? Yes, Molly Bear

11. Do you still sleep with stuffed animals? Nope, sleep with a wiggly baby

12. Who was the first person you looked up to when you were younger? my Dad

13. Who was your favorite relative? Uncle Ken

14. Were you short or tall in elementary school? average?

15. Were you teased in school? Yeah, though I've mostly (intentionally) forgotten the specifics

16. What was the name of your favorite teacher? Ms. Julie Western

17. What was the name of your least favorite teacher? geez...how could I have already forgotten that?

18. What was your best subject in school? Social Studies/History

19. What was your worst subject in school? Math

20. Did you do well in Physical Education? not particularly

21. Were you clumsy when you were younger? Yes...still was until I got my glasses, lol

22. Who was your favorite band as a kid?: They Might be Giants or The Beatles...a close tie

23. What was your favorite movie as a kid? The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

24. Did your parents read to you? Yes

25. Did you have a favorite book? I read so many that I had many fleeting favorites...one long time one was 'Island of the Blue Dolphins' by Scott O'Dell

26. What was your favorite restaurant as a kid? Red Lobster (my Mamaw and Granddaddy took me there when I did well on report cards)

27. On what TV or movie star did you have a crush? neither TV or movie...but...John Lennon!

28. Do you now wonder what you were thinking? nope, he's still pretty hot

29. Who was your first crush in school? Matt Fuller

30. As a child, what kind of car did you want when you grew up? a jeep

31. Did your parents spank you? rarely, though 'Santa' did bring me switches for Christmas one year (they went unused but I worried about their reappearance for years)

32. Did your parents fight a lot when you were a kid? I vaguely remember a fight in the kitchen, but I must have been very young, since they seperated and divorced when I was 3 or 4

33. Did your parents get divorced or stay married? see above

34. If they got divorced, how old were you when it happened? see above

35. Did you ever run away from home? no

36. How old were you when/if you first got glasses? 23

37. Did you need braces or a retainer? both, but I was pretty bad about not wearing the retainer

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's pretty much the way i remember it too

8/17/2005 6:57 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Island of the Blue Dolphins was definitely one of my favorites! I read it out loud to my little brothers a couple different times before they could read.

I like these things so I think I'm going to steal this for my blog!

8/18/2005 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home