Monday, September 26, 2005

dern smart animals

Saw another rat last night. It dived into a crevice between the dishwasher and the cabinet (that I hadn't even noticed before). so it must be getting in at the hole where the dishwasher's water line comes in. The nice thing about this is that I think the crevice has to be the only way the rat can come in and out of the kitchen...so I put a sticky trap right in front of it. There's no way the rat could come out without getting stuck. I got in my lookout chair and kept an eye on it and, sure enough, I saw the rat stick its head out. I expected for it to make a run for it, but it waited. And looked. It knew something was different. And it didn't trust the difference, so it stayed inside. Didn't come out at all last night. Argh! Judging from my experience with my pet rats, I think it'll probably come to "trust" the sticky trap if I leave it there long enough, though. Hopefully. I could just plug up the crevice with steel wool, but it's a great catching spot and the rats would probably just gnaw a hole in a less easily monitored spot.

Good shows have started back up, so that's nice. Watched Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy...pretty good. I was really enjoying Going Tribal, but after watching enough episodes, it became clear that with every tribe the guy lived with, he was "invited" to experience and basically cheapen their most sacred ritual. So, Fear Factor with a heavy dose of exploitation and imperialism. Really immoral.

Eleanor is 5 months old today! Oh, and today's also my sister's 10th birthday (geez, how can that be?). Happy Birthday!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All Hail Melanie, Rodent Regnae!

9/27/2005 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home