Tuesday, March 21, 2006

caffeine!

I officially feel like a grown-up: I have my own coffee maker.

I did a deal through Gevalia---got a programmable stainless steel 12 cup coffee maker and four 1/2 lb packages of coffee for $10 shipped. Details on the deal can be found at the SlickDeals.net forums (I did offer 110894, though there are many, many to choose from). Anywho, got here in a bit under a week and I just cleaned the machine up and made my first pot.

Incidentally, and despite being a habitual Coca-Cola drinker and actually having worked in a coffeeshop for about six months, I am experiencing my first bout of caffeine jitteriness. I was actually kind of worried until I realized what it was. Crazy feeling. I think I'll pick up some decaf to mix the regular with...though I am a bit more productive than usual since it hit my system, so I might reconsider that.

Oh, and Jon's first day at his job went well yesterday. He said it will be a challenge, but he's glad he took the job. And he has his own office for the first time :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Mmmm! I had to pack my coffee maker away in the basement, otherwise I'd be drinking coffee all day long!

3/21/2006 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

be careful - caffiene can be a powerful migraine trigger

3/22/2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home