Saturday, March 26, 2005

mama's day out

For a day that began rather worse than usual (I was tired as all get out), today ended up being surprisingly pleasant. Jon and Tristan took off for lunch with a friend and then a playdate with the friend who has offered to watch Tristan during the birth. I had the entire afternoon to myself!

I went to a yarn store that I like but isn't quite close enough to visit often. They happened to be having a Two Old Bags trunk show, with lots of knitted up samples to check out. I've been trying to find a good use for some handpaintedyarn.com merino that I got in December and have been dreaming of a felted diaper bag, so this was perfect. I ended up really liking the Hold-It-All Handbag pattern, which looks pretty plain online, but awesome in person. It has a really nice shape to the pouch of the bag. I think I'm going to knit it up with a longer strap, so I can wear it messenger style. Whee, another project!

After the yarn store adventure, I visited a surplus store that has really nice stuff, but is generally a madhouse. I really don't like going there with Tristan, but it was very enjoyable solo. Even when I don't buy anything, I enjoy discount stores, lol :)

And to top it all off, a late lunch at the Cracker Barrel! Jon suggested that I take myself out to a restaurant, and since he's veg he really doesn't care for CB...so it was the perfect choice. Yummy food and a wonderful book ('Women's Work: The First 20,000 Years' by Elixabeth Wayland Barber). The weekend's only half over, but I feel like I've already milked it for all it's worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home