Monday, April 04, 2005

leavin' on a jet plane

We just dropped Jon off to catch a plane to his big interview. The interview will be tomorrow and we're really hoping to learn the outcome very quickly. We're scheduled to move on the 16th...if Jon gets the job, it would be much better to extend our lease for another month (which the apt folks have no problem with us doing), rather than to move twice in one month. Of course, if he gets the job, things will be hectic anyhow, moving to another state with a newborn. Eek!

Tristan was really sweet when we dropped Jon off. He really wanted to go with him! He cried all the way home, saying "Tristan come Papa" and "Tristan ticket". He finally dropped off to sleep right before getting here.

Another midwife appointment today. I wanted to know what all would be invovled since I'm GBS+...in addition to the IV (which I knew), they'd like me to get to the hospital at least 2 hrs prior to birth and we won't be able to be discharged as quickly as we were wanting to be. We stayed 12 hours after Tristan's birth, and I thought that was about right; since I'm GBS+, they want me to stay about 24 hrs. Sigh. They're not going to give me any hassle about rooming in, etc, though. I'm just concerned about how Tristan will do during that time; he's never been away from me for more than a few hours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE need to talk. Tristan can stay there with you. just say you are still breastfeeding him. i did not know you are gbs + that stinks but the childbirth will still be wonderful and beautiful. remember that! Sarah

4/07/2005 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home