Monday, March 28, 2005

term!

We had our 36 week midwife appointment today. Whee! I'm officially full term. I am really getting to that place that all pregnant women get to at some point...I want this baby OUT! My pelvis hurts every time I move or just shift my weight, my joints are beginning to hurt like heck (last week it was my thumb, now my left wrist, both of which make it difficult to knit), I can't rest well, I'm tired of feeling my guts gurgle around my lungs. Four more weeks of *this*?! I've started taking evening primrose oil and red raspberry leaf supplements (I have a hard time drinking all the pregnancy tea I should), so maybe once she decides to come, my body will be quite ready. My midwife said today that she's in a perfect position, has dropped even further (I measure 1cm less than last week), and that all signs point to a fairly quick and easy labor. Let's hope.

The big news today, though, is that Jon got a call and an invite to an interview! Before I got the job offer, I was really, really wanting to move back to Arkansas to be around my parents, so he applied for a few jobs there. At this point, it's a more difficult thing...the job doesn't pay nearly as much as he could get for a similar position locally, I have that new job, and we're also the caretakers of his mom's home at the moment. On the other hand, it would definately be a better environment for the kids, both because it has less pollution (a big concern since Tristan had developmental delays caused by pollution up here) and because they'd actually be near family. We are pretty much family-less here. He's planning on flying in for the interview at the beginning of next week and getting an idea of how everything would be, then we'll have to discuss it all.

So, according to Murphy's law, the baby should come then, right? Or maybe she would come Sunday or Monday morning, directly before he has to fly out. You know, I probably wouldn't complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home