Thursday, May 26, 2005

shoppin' day

I just do not understand flood pants.

Does anyone remember when saying that someone was 'flooding' was an insult? This is one trend that just looks silly to me. It's probably because I am young enough to remember how it was to grow out of clothing. Once pants reached my ankles, it was time for a trip to the store.

Today marked my first outing as a true mom of two. With Ellie in the sling and Tristan in the stroller, I ventured out looking for pants that fit and looked decent. No small task, since most that fit over my childbearin' hips look incredibly frumpy. I found a pair though, bringing my total number of wearable bottoms to two. Unfortunately, they're that ridiculous flood length. I'm going to break out the sewing machine tonight after Jon gets home and shorten them to capris, which are just short enough to look intentional.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEK! Sounds like what I expect on my up coming bra shopping trip. I'm glad you made it through the shopping experience. Sometimes it can be so hard with 2 in tow.

5/27/2005 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home