Saturday, July 02, 2005

still playin' with dolls

I have the habit of getting really, really obsessed with something, learning everything I can about it...and then, often, getting disinterested anywhere from a few days to a few months later. I am trying to fight that---I'm still knitting, nine months later!---but here is my newest obsession.

Dolls. Yup. Loved 'em when I was little, apparently still love 'em now. A pattern at Knitty lead me to finding out about Blythe dolls, which quickly led to Pullip dolls. Both of these are made in Japan, for the Japanese market, and seem mostly marketed toward adults who enjoy gussy-ing them up, changing their eye colors, replacing their hair, etc.

I want to buy one of these, hook her up with a mei tei and a baby, and take photos of her in exotic locations, so badly it almost hurts.

Totally enamored by 'French Trench' Blythe and Assa Pullip:



Geez, this doll subculture is complex! I really enjoyed making things for my dolls as a kid, though, and this is super appealing. And I do have a birthday coming up, hehe.

It's nice to be excited by something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same obsessive/disinterested cycles.

7/03/2005 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home