Sunday, August 21, 2005

home again!

Ahhh, to be somewhere with decently tasting water!

We had a great trip---MUCH better than the Memphis one! Jon's mom came down and met us in Fayetteville; Tristan had a really fabulous time playing with Grandma. She hadn't seen Ellie since she was a couple of weeks old, so I think she really enjoyed that. Having a Grandma around made the trip a lot less stressful for me! Jon and I even got to go have a solo date at Chili's, which happened to be right next door to our hotel.

Jon had a good time at the race. It was actually made up of three smaller ones: a time trial early Saturday morning, a road race on relatively flat terrain on Saturday afternoon, and a road race on very hilly terrain this morning. His mom went with him for the time trial while I stayed at the hotel with sleeping children. He said it was incredibly difficult but he felt good about how he did. Ellie and I went to the road race that afternoon, while Tristan and Grandma played at the hotel. It was awful! Right as his category was lining up to go, a big storm began blowing in. For the hour and a half of the race, rain pelted down. Jon said it was truly awful, but he felt like he did as well as he could. He did much better in this morning's 20 mile race, despite the hard uphill road; he was only about 50 yards behind the leader the whole time. I'm proud of my man :)

The hotel was really quite fabulous. I don't know why the Fayetteville hotel, categorized by Priceline as '1 Star' was so, so, so much better than Memphis' supposed '2 Star'.

The trip also gave me a reason the break out the knitting needles and I started and completed my first project since Ellie's birth.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations, Jon

8/22/2005 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mel - maybe there is a website in your "fabulous" one star hotel - hotel reviews - one star hotel reviews - something like that

8/22/2005 4:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Jon and Tristan look exactly alike!

8/22/2005 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home