Friday, December 16, 2005

i can pick my nose again

'Cause, after lots of thinking about it, I've taken out my nose piercing. It was having issues again and I decided that, given that I'd had it almost two years and it was not yet healed, I needed to take the hint. I've actually had two prior nose piercings, as well as a tongue piercing, all of which met similar fates, so I think I'll spare my body any future needles. I think it will be sore and icky for a couple of days, then close up and heal. I really liked the way it looked, so it is kind of sad to me.

Didn't make it to Juma'a today, unfortunately, because of the boy's insistance that we stay home. It's not mandatory for women anyhow...but I did bargain with Tristan that if we stayed home today, we'd go next week. Sounds like something is going down at the masjid and they're considering removing the wall between the women and men. Jon said the imam actually sounded like he was in favor of it, but there's a council or committee or something that will make the final call. It'll be interesting to see what comes of that.

Oh, and the Senate has decided not to reauthorize the Patriot Act...!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and President Weasel has agreed that we shouldn't torture prisoners - though I don't think his heart was in it - you suppose he has a heart somewhere don't you?

12/16/2005 7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hyou can pick your friends....

12/17/2005 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home