Saturday, April 01, 2006

ladies' day out

That's what my mom calls it at least. She and I spent the day bumming around, doing things that we wouldn't normally do. We had fun :). I got my hair cut super short---nice and cool, even under the hijab---then we went to a town a little ways away and checked out a discount furniture store. Whoo, found some nice stuff...when we get rich, I guess :).

We also stopped at a surplus/discount/salvage/junky type store and I did get a really good deal on some Corelle dishes. I'd been looking for some for a while due to their kid-friendliness (nearly unbreakable and very lightweight). With a little bargaining, I was able to get a brand new set of Winter White Corelle with service for eight (8 dinner plates/8 salad plates/8 bowls with cool extra lids for storage/8 mugs/platter and serving bowl) for $20. The 'service for 4' sets go for $27 at Amazon, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

Afterwards, we watched the new Zorro flick, or at least watched it as well as we could with a somewhat fussy Ellie. After dinner at a Chinese buffet with Mom, I came home to a message that apparently Jon and Tristan are coming home tonight. Whee! Though that'll mean a crazy tired hubby tomorrow.

And don't forget about the time change! Bugger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh no! The time change is tonight?!!?! I should SO be in bed by now!

Chinese buffet...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

4/01/2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home