Sunday, April 17, 2005

harbingers

I came to peace with the whole moving thing last night. I've been really worried about moving with a newborn, particularly it disrupting our breastfeeding relationship, etc. We're planning on moving about two weeks after my due date, so I've been stressing about her coming after that. You know, it will work out, though. We'll find a way to make it work.

About fifteen minutes after deciding that, I started losing my mucous plug while watching Saturday Night Live. Woo hoo! I never lost it with Tristan until transition. To quote the venerable Dr. Sears, "Generally, after passing the mucous plug, most women will be in labor within the next three days." Now, granted, I'm fairly sure it wasn't the entire plug, but maybe the rest will pass today.

I had a really weird dream last night/this morning. I had meconium-streaked mucous (not a thing to worry about IRL, of course) and couldn't get ahold of the midwife on call. Our phone wasn't working. Just an anxiety dream, but interesting because I usually don't remember my preggo dreams. In any case, a contraction woke me up from that one. Back to bed in a few, hopefully...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We moved 2.5 weeks after DS was born. It was hard, but everything went fine and it didn't seem to bother DS at all. Luckily, my parents flew in to help us since I wasn't up to all the lifting and carrying. So, everyone else packed and carried, and I sat and nursed the baby. Easiest move I ever made! (It just took a whole lot longer to unpack.)

Do you have family coming to help?

4/17/2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger mamaspeak said...

I'm glad to hear someone else has been there before! My MIL is going to be in town and Jon has some friends to help out, too. Jon's last day of work is this coming Friday (unless the baby comes before then, then it'll be sooner) and he's taken responsiblity for all the packing...sooo...hopefully it won't be too painful :)

Glad to hear your ds got through it without being scarred!

4/18/2005 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home