Saturday, April 09, 2005

misc productivity

It's been a pretty lazy Saturday. Tristan has decided, out of the blue, that he loves cow's milk. Loves it. He's been asking for it all day long. He's had it before, but mostly when he's seen me drinking it...today, he asked for it completely unprompted. He's probably drunk six kid-sized glasses of it...and he would drink more if I let him. I hope it doesn't mess up his system. He's used to a lot of dairy through yogurt, though, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

I finished up another diaper soaker. This is the one that I broke my Denise circs on and it sat with only a completed waistband until I resurrected it at Wednesday's SnB. It's the Little Turtle Knits ribbed soaker pattern in Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies. I got the yarn from eBay and I love the colors...but it is such a hassle to knit with since it's single ply. Oh well. Hopefully it won't pill too easily.



And this is a project from earlier this week. I didn't lay Tristan down much as an infant (not that he would have let me...), but I have really been wanting a 'safe spot' where I can lay this baby down if I need to. I eyed Moses baskets, but they're pretty spendy...$60 on the low end. So, then, it occured to me...we have a fabulous hand-me-down wooden wagon that doesn't see much use since we live in an apartment. So, some foam and fabric later...tah dah!



I think it will work pretty decently. The wagon's sides come off individually, so I've sewn the bumper pad so that one side can come off if needed, without removing the entire pad. The 'mattress' is a rather firm piece of 2" foam that I had custom cut at the fabric shop. And the bumper pad is some beautiful quilted batik that I splurged on (well, with the help of my 50% off coupon). Yay for industriousness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

You are amazingly fast at knitting soakers and your latest one looks so cute, too! Your craftiness keeps inspiring me to create thingsat my own house!

4/09/2005 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home