Thursday, April 14, 2005

38 weeks, 4 days

Still here, not in labor yet. A couple of the moms in the AP group went into labor on Tuesday...I was soooo wanting to join them! I'm still having periodic contractions (another strong enough to wake me yesterday morning), but nothing that keeps going. It seems like just about anything gets them started, though, which I don't remember from my last pregnancy.

We have to run to the grocery store today (out of yogurt, oh no!) and I'm going to pick up some pineapple and eggplant (thanks for the tip, Sarah). I did a cervical self-check today; I'm definately more effaced and less posterior than I was a week ago. Jaime is out of town until Sunday, though, so I'm doing my best to be patient until next week.

And the exciting news of the week...did you know that Burlington Coat Factory has drastically increased their maternity section? It used to be one half-rack...it's huge now! They even have a good selection of nursing bras and pajamas. I got a nursing bra (34DDD---a size you usually have to special order online) for $10 and a pair of pjs for $15. That's less than half of what they would probably cost at Motherhood Maternity.

Oh, and no closer on the name. Thanks for those who commented, though! Jon has decided that he really likes Eleanor...I do too, but her likely nickname would probably be Ellie. With our last name, it bears a lot of resemblance sound-wise to Elie Wiesel, the Holocaust survivor who wrote Night. Pretty sad that WWII is ruining all these names for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home