Saturday, April 16, 2005

tease!

So, today has been my first day of prodromal labor. Argh. A contraction woke me up at 8 this morning and I've been having them throughout the day, some stronger, some weaker, and definately continuing, but without any progression. I'm hoping this means 'real' labor will be in the next couple of days...?

To make myself feel better, here are some of the physical effects of prodromal labor:

  • The cervix is moving from a posterior (back) position to an anterior (forward) position.

  • The cervix is softening.

  • The cervix is beginning its effacement or thinning. It may thin anywhere from 0% to 50% during this stage.

  • You may lose your mucous plug from the cervix.

  • Your cervix may begin to dilate, opening anywhere from 1 to 4 centimeters.

I hope my cervix has read that article, lol.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hoping you and your amazingly literate cervix are making lots of progress!

4/16/2005 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home