Monday, July 04, 2005

happy fireworks day

I guess I'm not feeling all that patriotic today. We've been invited over to my Dad's for supper, though, so that's faboo. Jon should be back in town in time for that; he went up to Kansas City for a couple of days to visit his friends and his mom. He gave me full veto power, but I've been feeling good enough that I didn't use it :)

The kiddos are doing fabulously. Tristan has adopted a phrase of mine---"pretty well"---and uses it whenever you ask him how he's doing. He still really enjoys trains, though he seems more interested in crashing them than anything else. And he's down to one nursing a day and seems pretty comfortable with that. It's really cute, he plays games with me during the day trying to convince me it's night time so that we can nurse: "Moon up! Sun down, Mama!"

Ellie has graduated to the drool bib. Sob! I hope this doesn't herald any teeth coming soon. She still prefers to be slung for most of the day and usually sleeps in the sling, but she also has a few happy quiet alert periods laying down. The elimination communication is going well and she's started 'holding it' sometimes till I get to the potty with her. And still pretty much sleeping through the night! Most nights she only wakes once, sometimes not at all.

A couple of quick Babywearing notes to any slinging mamas out there---the babywearingco-op yahoo group is doing an order for the new Gypsymama batik gauze wraps (not yet available on the gm site). The price is $8 off discounted retail (greater discount off normal retail), but the co-oping mamas are getting first choice of the prints. And they're pretty!

And...Maya Wrap is coming out with a mei tei, tentatively called the Maya Tai. I emailed them and they don't have an ETA yet, it's still in testing. But it will be made of their beautiful woven fabric and, rumor has it, will be based on the FrankenKozy design, with wide, wrap-style straps. Something to save up for!

Hope everyone has some fun and eats some yummy food today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo- that maya wrap mei tei sounds amazing.... hope it comes out before winter. hmmm... not that I need another carrier. but.....

7/04/2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You are my EC hero! I wish I would have stuck with it more, but I guess if I did Emma might be out of diapers now and then what would my current obsession be?

I can't wait to see that Maya Tai. I love my Sachi Mei Tai but I might make a switch when those come out!

7/04/2005 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home