Sunday, July 17, 2005

"mama bird day!"

Yay, birthday day!

I'm still a young thing (23) but perhaps not quite so seemingly wet behind the ears. I've had a great bday so far. Some relatives were in town yesterday and the kids and I got to go spend some time with them, as well as my dad, grandma, etc. Tristan had a grand time running around a hollaring. And my Mamaw made me a cake, my favorite kind, with candles! My first birthday cake in a good long while.

My poor laid up hubby cooked me buffalo sausage for breakfast, a particularly big deal since he's vegetarian and I think this is the first meat he's cooked in about three years. It was rather yummy, but not particularly, um, buffalo-y seeming.

When I was a kid, I had a lot of those cheap diaries---you know, the kind that were a bit smaller than a paperback, with kind of puffy covers, and cheap locks with tiny keys? Usually with a sad-looking kitten on the front? Well, the only entry you could bet on in them was one after my birthday and Christmas, detailing all the wonderful presents I received. Well, this was a quite nice birthday present-wise :). A nice, well-fitting skirt, a few gift cards to mall shops (shopping spree!), a thread holder to keep my sewing supplies untangled, some spending money. Yippee! From Jon, though he didn't realize it at the time (lol), I got one of the Gypsymama batik wraps, that I'll blog about sometime in the future. And from Ellie---two naps laying down!

So, it's a good day. Even the weather seems to be cooperating, as it isn't quite as sweltering as it has been.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Melanie!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you had a wonderful day. I miss you so much.

7/17/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like your day has been great! :)

7/17/2005 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home