Thursday, July 07, 2005

thursday

Today was the monthly LLL meeting and I went, though I almost didn't. It ended up not so great. Tristan was his usual rambunctious self and he's one of the oldest kids there, so that's fairly rough. He got in one of his moods and kicked another kid, though not purposefully. Of course, I called him over and talked to him, but I heard a lady behind me, new to the group and older, say to herself or the lady next to her, "he's mean!" Totally ruined my day. Tristan kept being rough and we ended up leaving shortly later. Wish we hadn't gone in the first place.

And I'm down about the London bombings, but not necessarily just about that act of violence...it's just the whole cycle of violence thing. Why did we attack Afghanistan? Why Iraq? Don't the bigwigs know that two wrongs don't make a right, that we can never kill everyone that hates us and that, in trying, we simply incite more hatred? They'll probably just elevate the 'war on terror', and this thing will never end. Maybe that's the point, ala 1984?

Of course, if I were a real cynic, I'd talk about how convenient it is that a previously unknown terrorist organization decided to attack at a time when Blair/Bush's popularity is so low...

At least there's one really beautiful thing in my life. Eleanor. Darnit, I love that child.

In her new Bumbo seat (thanks, Aunt Dorothy!):

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous!!!!!!! Oh and looking more and more like her beautiful mama. Man, I miss you guys!

7/08/2005 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some days are like that.

Yesterday I was listening to a man who talks a lot. One of the things he said that was worth more thought: time is the only thing you really have - it's how you use it. Every day is a drop in a bucket. One drop here or there doesn't seem like much, but it's really all you had.

Cute kid - and I love the seat.

7/08/2005 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that is freaking me out how old Eleanor looks already. SO sweet!

And I'm sorry about those women at LLL. Why can't moms TRULY be supportive of each other? Sigh....

7/09/2005 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home