Wednesday, July 13, 2005

bye bye to babymaking...

So, the day is almost here. Jon is scheduled for a vasectomy on Friday.

We're on the same page about it. We'd both love to have another baby, but we believe in the 'zero population growth' thing, so we don't want to more than reproduce ourselves. We may end up adopting in the future, if dolls and pet ratties don't fill possible future baby wanting voids. It is sad though---retiring my womb, so to speak. Though it's preferable to 25 years of birth control, especially since my body cannot tolerate hormonal bc.

Geez, now I sorta want to cry. I've really enjoyed gestating, birthing, and breastfeeding these two. And newborns are soooo sweet.

Time for a new season of life, I suppose.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm right there with you. although i think it's the reasonable thing to do and all, i can't but wonder if there's another little baby in there somewhere.

oh well. on to new seasons of life.

7/13/2005 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That must be such an emotional situation. I think saying good-bye to my babymaking is a little harder since my fight to babymake was so difficult. I just can't bring myself to say, "no more ever".

I hope Jon makes it through the big "V" with everything intact that should be :)

7/13/2005 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why you were worried about making more babies--I told you I couldn't get pregnant!

--André

7/29/2005 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home