Thursday, July 14, 2005

medical stuff

Today we went to see a new pediatrician, recommended by a few LLL moms. I was wanting a check-up for Ellie. I am very happy with this ped---more so than any previous pediatrician. She co-slept, extended breastfed her three kids, and also cloth diapered. She didn't hassle us about not vaxing either, just made sure we knew that pertussis goes around each winter, etc. Ellie is at the 50%-ile for both height and weight, so she's much more petite than her brother was. I really went in because her pupils are often assymetrical (one is larger than the other); the ped did notice this, but because Ellie is completely on target developmentally and is very healthy, she didn't feel that it was an issue. So, that was a relief.

My dad had an MRI today. He's been having some really bad pain episodes, with the pain focusing in his upper jaw but radiating and moving out from there. There were several very scary possibilities as to what the pain was, but the MRI did not find anything, so they are probably cluster headaches. That's a big relief! Much easier to handle than the other things it could have been.

An inositol update for any considering using it---it's still working really well. I have to take it in two or three doses, spread out throughout the day, to maintain a good, steady mood. But I feel better emotionally and mentally than I have in several years. I am noticing the gut side-effects and it also makes me kind of sleepy, but it's completely, totally worth it. Also found a local source (Drug Emporium) that charges about 1/4 less than Wild Oats does :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear your dad is okay. :)

i wish i could have gone with you today. stupid inflexible job!

7/14/2005 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you found yourself a very good and knowledgable ped. That is awesome!

I'm glad your father is doing good. That is nice to hear.

7/15/2005 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home