Wednesday, October 19, 2005

house work


I spent most of yesterday running around doing mortgage stuff. We've decided to join a credit union and get our mortgage through them. Jon was able to take off to come open our account with them, then I dropped Tristan off at my grandmother's and went back to apply for our mortgage. It looks good; the lady is nice and very up front about things. After PMI, insurance, and taxes, our payments will be right around $150 less than rent. And our closing costs will be half of what other lenders have quoted us. Woo-hoo!

Then yesterday evening, I went back over to the house to walk through and hear some of its stories from the owner. It went really well and I was beyond thrilled when I found out we have a garbage disposal! A little detail, but an awesome one. Oh, and the stove is gas but doesn't have a standing pilot light (a big peeve of mine with our current apartment's stove). The rooms are even larger than I remembered and the kitchen has some great glass shelves in the window. It's going to be a wonderful house.

The kiddos are doing well. It looks like Tristan's blue eyes are slowly turning greenish and I suspect he'll end up with Jon's eyes. And Ellie's blue eyes are starting to have faint threads of brown near the pupil, spreading outward slowly, like a stain. She's going to have brown eyes like me.

Oh, and Jon sold his motorcycle! We got a crazy lowball offer last weekend that inspired us to just keep it, but then a nice lady in a self-described midlife crisis came along and really wants it. She test drove it last night and is taking over the money today. So that worked out really well. Jon's mom really did all the legwork on getting it sold, which was so nice.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great looking kids

10/19/2005 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house!
I use to be a mortgage loan officer, so if you have any questions you'd like a "third party" to help with let me know. Double check those closing costs... all lenders closing costs are usually pretty similar. Unless someone was charging you a point or something. : )

10/19/2005 8:50 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

another Congrats on the house! How exciting and the glass shelves sound nice. :o)
Great picture of the kids - man I can't believe how big Ellie is! I still remember that little baby at the last SnB you were at.

10/20/2005 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home