Wednesday, October 12, 2005

wednesday

Jon went over and made an offer on the house tonight. Hopefully we'll hear something within a couple of days. We proposed closing on November 16, but the seller said that might be a little quick for him...luckily, my dad has offered us a place to stay, so we'll be there in the meantime.

Not there as long as we'd thought, though. I got the apartment's response to the BBB report I filed and they said that they weren't kicking us out, just not renewing our lease---which, of course, contradicted what they wrote us, namely that we had 30 days from Sept 26 to move. I called and she confirmed it; we don't have to move 'til Halloween. So, that gives us a few extra days.

Jim Bob's family had its sixteenth kid, and is already planning #17. Call me judgmental, but that's crazy irresponsible. If their children and grandchildren were to each have half of the number of children that Mr. and Mrs. Jim Bob currently have, these two fine, godfearing Arkansans will end up with 1,024 great-grandchildren, which means that even the 7000 sq ft home they're building would be pretty crowded on holidays. Their disposable diapers have probably already filled up a few landfills. Yeah, real good idea.

I am pretty excited about our little bungalow, though :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I can't believe those two are still having kids! I feel sorry for the older kids in the family because I don't think they get a chance to be children. Do you know for sure they use sposies? Ick.

10/12/2005 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be surprised if they used sposies - they seem very AP/NFL. The mom breastfeeds, they homeschool, sew their own clothes, etc. They also don't have ANY debt - they save and pay cash for everything they buy, including cars and their new house (which they are building themselves). There was a whole special about them on the TLC channel a few months ago - I thought they were amazing! Not what I want in my future, but they seemed a lot more responsible than most of the parents I know IRL!

10/13/2005 8:25 AM  
Blogger mamaspeak said...

According to their own website, the mom weans by 6 months so that she can get pregnant again. And, yeah, they use sposies, according to a few different articles I found; IIRC, they have four kids in them at the moment. It is great that they pay with cash, but coming from old money, I'm not surprised.

10/13/2005 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of birth control do they use? sure doesn't sound very reliable to me. if i was one of their kids, i'd file a class action lawsuit!

10/13/2005 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home