Wednesday, October 26, 2005

wednesday

After three years of babywearing, I have my first slinging-related injury. Ugh. My shoulder started hurting a few days ago and I initially thought I just slept on it funny, but then realized it was due to me wearing a certain sling for most of my outings, which I had previously only worn rarely. Now the pain's moved to my neck and is pretty bad. It hurts like heck to move my head or neck at all. Yuck. I need to see a chiropractor...

Ellie's getting tooth number two! Right by the first. Geez, she's growing up quickly. I've been trying to minimize the slinging the past couple of days and she doesn't like it much. I even used the stroller for the first time, eek! Got her out as soon as she fussed, naturally. But the poor girl has only napped for about five minutes today since she's so used to sleeping in the sling. Maybe she'll be desperate enough in a couple of hours that she'll fall asleep laying down. I'm already in such pain, I don't want it to get worse.

Tonight we get to go out an mingle with high society, lol. Jon was given a couple of (normally quite pricey) tickets to a charity benefit dinner. Ooooh, fun. I bought my first Little Black Dress and will be doing my best to make it look decent. The kiddos are going over to my Dad and Stepmom's---gasp! Ellie's first real babysitting experience! I'll be dropping a bottle of breastmilk off with her, but I'm still a little nervous.

Oh, and my mom came back from a trip to Philadelphia---and she went on an IKEA run for me! Woo-hoo, got my IKEA fix for now :). Yummy stuff for our new home; can't wait to get a chance to use it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to tonight! :)

10/26/2005 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love IKEA too!

Babywearing/baby-all-day-holidng/baby-all-night-nursing and chiropractors... well, I have too much experience these days with that. I am now seeing a chiropractor that also does acupuncture and massage therapy. AND my health insurance covers 70% of all of it. Just thought I'd tell you in case your insurance would do the same. Hope you get all the kinks out soon! : )

10/26/2005 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home