Thursday, October 20, 2005

fun fun

Jon was washing dishes this morning when he suddenly asked, "Do you know why the water pressure is so low?"

Yup, the city turned off our water because of nearby construction, without notifying us or the apartment complex first. And they can't tell us when it will be back on. Argh.

We have a playdate this morning, at a La Leche mom's house. Should be fun, but I can't wash up the snacks I'm bringing like I planned to. Yesterday, we didn't make the pumpkin patch because of my apparently dismal navigation skills. We did end up at a local park, though, where we happened upon another mama group and they invited us to picnic with them. They meet every week and it looks like we've been invited back for next week, so that's pretty neat.

Tristan really enjoyed running around on the playground. I did have a bad mommy moment yesterday: I asked for Tristan to pose by a tree for a photo. Around the third shot, he started brushing at his foot. I looked down and saw ants swarming over his shoe. Eek! I grabbed him, unvelcroed his shoe and threw it on the ground, and quickly brushed the ants off. He was bitten four times and I was bitten twice. We didn't have fire ants here when I was a kid and this is my first run-in with them locally...I'm going to be more careful about that. He wasn't really upset at all and it didn't seem to phase him. Made me feel pretty awful, though, that I asked him to stand on top of an apparent fire ant colony.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hey, I remember you mentioning those BabyLegs and saying you might want to get Tristan a pair...there is a co-op on MDC for them right now for $6 a pair. Yay!

I hope your ant bites clear up soon! :(

10/20/2005 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home