Monday, April 10, 2006

girly girl

Ellie is almost a year old! Wow. She's been getting more communicative. She says: hi, bye, mama, cat, brother, and dada. She signs: more, give me some!, hungry, thirsty, and tired. And after doing this funky scooting/pulling herself along thing since December, she's actually started genuinely crawling on her knees.

And she's getting far too clever. Last night, she figured out how to unfasten her diaper cover---something I never had to deal with with her brother. She undid one side several times (with me quickly refastening it, of course) before she thought to undo both sides simultaneously. She ripped off the cover, threw it, and then crawled away laughing. She was free! We let her crawl around bare-bottomed the rest of the night. Guess we need to up the elimination communication efforts.

I just came across a nice essay regarding hijab that can be read here. Supportive of my belief that hijab is (among other things, of course) the ultimate expression of the sentiments expressed by this shirt, popular back in the day among my women's college friends.

Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home