Sunday, April 24, 2005

it's my due date and I'll cry if I want to.

I really didn't think I'd go postdates this time :(

We did get a chance to go to the going away party that the AP mama group threw for me and Jaime. It was a lot of fun and I think that Jon enjoyed seeing the moms I've been talking about for a year and a half. Tristan loved running around with the kids...he did end up with some sand in his eyes from kids getting a little too wild in the sandbox, but we got most of it out and he doesn't seem bothered at the moment.

I have been really desperate for birth since last Thursday, when I started having really, really severe pain from the front of my pelvis seperating. The pain is a bit better now, but was so bad on Friday morning that I couldn't move without crying. Jon actually stayed home to take care of me (it was supposed to be his last day of work). We tried to get the midwife on call early Friday and ended up with the (rather suprisingly crunchy) doctor who oversees them instead. He was really sympathetic and gave me some ideas like taking Tylenol, using heat, and using a cane to get around. He said that I should call the midwives after they got into the office and that they might be able to "help get things started". Now, I'm not one for inductions, but I was so relieved after he said that. Of course, when I called them, I was handed off to the one who'd be on call this weekend, and she wasn't receptive at all. She was downright cold. "Of course, that's just relaxin, everyone gets that, blah blah blah." She was incredibly patronizing and didn't take my pain and concern seriously at all. I'm kind of glad I didn't go into labor this weekend; I really don't want her at the birth.

I was pretty desperate, though, and actually took some castor oil. It was so disgusting that I only managed about an tablespoon, which didn't do any good. Anywho, another appointment tomorrow morning.

I think that Jon and I might try to go out for a dinner by ourselves tonight. MIL is back in town and has said she's happy to watch Tristan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home